Corporate Social Responsibility
Our Corporate Social Responsibility demonstrates our continuing commitment to do the right thing in all aspects of our day to day business operations.
Giving back to the community has always been a part of who we are. We want to make a positive impact in the community and will continue to:
- Encourage our employees to get involved in public and charitable service.
- Build long-term relationships with our suppliers and support local businesses and Australian farmers.
- Work together with charities and create a partnership that is in tune with our business values.
Some of our initiatives include:
We hate food waste and we love good causes. That's why we support OzHarvest, a charity that "rescues food".
They pick up still fresh, but excess food from caterers, restaurants and cafés that would otherwise be chucked out. They then distribute this food to the vulnerable in Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Gold Coast, Perth, Newcastle and Canberra.
OzHarvest makes so much sense for our business, as we regularly see perfectly good food going to waste. If you have excess or unneeded corporate catering, please contact OzHarvest on 1800 108 006 and they will pick up the food and ensure it gets to the people who need it.
You can also help this great cause by making a $1 donation through our website. Each $1 donation represents two meals that OzHarvest can deliver to someone in Australia who needs the support.
Simply tick the donate box at the summary page to make a voluntary contribution. 100% of this donation is sent directly to OzHarvest. Best of all, we also donate $1 to OzHarvest each time a customer donates.
Order-In business scholarship
We’re committed to supporting students in need by providing a $5,000 scholarship to support their living and education expenses. The scholarship is valid for students studying a business, marketing or digital related course. In addition, the winning applicant will be given the opportunity to learn about business and the online world with key members of the Order-In team. It’s a great opportunity for us to invest in the development of the next generation of leaders and give students the chance to link practice with theory.
Every year, we participate in The Salvation Army Christmas Appeal, where we organise a big box of gifts for those less fortunate. Our CEO has participated in and supports the OzHarvest CEO Cookoff, CEO Sleepout and The Smith Family Challenge.
Our commitment to our staff is an important factor in our success and why they love working here. We believe in providing an inclusive, supportive, safe and respectful work environment, where learning and development is encouraged. This allows us to attract and retain great staff, build on our existing knowledge base and provide opportunities for them to develop their skills.
- We are supportive of and promote equality and diversity.
- We believe in creating opportunities for our staff to bring their ideas to the forefront in an environment that encourages the exchange of broad thinking and inspires innovation.
- We will always consider the health and wellbeing and the work-life balance of our staff.
- We aim to empower our people and we will always consult and provide two-way communication.
- We recognize individual contributions and reward our people fairly.
- We’re committed to providing an inclusive workplace culture where our staff are valued and recognised for their unique qualities, ideas and perspectives.
- Improve the work experience for our team members by providing flexible work solutions.
We want to make a positive environmental difference by:
- Making sustainable packaging a priority. We recommend and provide bio-degradable corporate catering boxes to our suppliers, to help minimise impact on the environment
- Recycling paper, toner cartridges and other office equipment where possible
- Reducing the amount of paper printed by using electronic documents where possible
- Using paperless faxing
- General energy saving by turning off lights and devices when not in use
- Limiting the use of plastic and polystyrene in our office
Commitment to corporate governance
We’re committed to maintaining the highest standard of corporate governance and to a transparent and accountable approach to business across all areas. You can be assured that we’ll always conduct business in strict compliance with applicable laws and with the highest standards of personal and corporate integrity.